Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments

Hello

My first ever review this time is Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments.
The series is based on the novel The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
I'm not going to write any synopsis here, you should watch.


I never read the novel before, I tried to find it in my country but so far no luck. 
And I watched the movie adaptation before, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and its makes me compare the movie version with the TV series version. 


Maybe this more like critics than review. 
In the movie version Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower portrays the characters good. 
But when I just started watching the TV series, I was like 'They acting is bad'. Sorry but from the comments and reviews I read, a lot of peoples think the same. 
Katherine McNamara portrays Clary as a annoying little girl who's questioning everything. I know she's new in Shadowhunting world, but still.. And in the first season her hair looks so fake for me, I thought she's wearing a wig which is not fit her so well. I'm apologize Clary. But in the season 2 her hair looks better.
And the fight scene is not so good, I know fight scene is not easy for the actors, but still...
And Matthew Daddario is like male version of Kristen Stewart, mostly no facial expression, but maybe it's Alec Lightwood character, but at least he's a very pretty boy!
And I prefer season 1 opening scene / song.


SPOILER ALERT!
When Clary and Jace started have feelings for each other. and they're kissing I was like 'He's your brother!', but at season 2 episode 10 finally I know that Valentine is lying.
And Simon is the bro in friendzone. I just glad when he's finally tell Clary about his feeling and accepted.
And I just love Alec and Magnus love story. They're look so cute together.


Maybe I sounds like I don't like the series, but I like it! In season 2 their acting is better, and the stories is even more interesting and more and more. I can't stop watching this series now! They're will be back in June and it's way too long! Can't wait.

MY RATINGS
Season 1 ★★★☆☆
Season 2 ★★★★☆
(Season 2 is not finished yet, so far I give it 4 stars)


See you.

Comments

Popular Posts